Friday, April 21, 2017

Life again..

Been a while since I was last active here. I am back playing with GMLAN. This time on a 2009 CTS-V and a raspberry pi with a SWCAN interface board.

Stay tuned - I'll start a github shortly with some logs and some code.

Current project plan is to use the Pi as a gateway. Push drive logs from the pi to the web via a bluetooth tethered phone and push notifications from the phone to the car. I want to be able to see SMS messages on the DIC. Maybe other things.

Good news is the Caddy and the G8 messaging are pretty much the same..

3 comments:

  1. Think any of this would help me in my 2005 Hummer H2 project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be.. 2006 Hummer is probably all 11 bit CAN. Message payloads might be similar. I have never logged 11bit stuff.

    ReplyDelete